The Local Clean Energy Alliance (LCEA) supports the development of local energy resources as key to creating sustainable business, advancing social equity, and promoting community resilience. LCEA's long-term goal is for the Bay Area to meet 100% of its future energy needs with a balanced mix of renewable energy, improvements in efficiency, and conservation.
Additional goals are to:
· Reduce energy consumption.
· Maximize local renewable energy production.
· Offer stable rates for all.
· Create local business opportunities and green-collar jobs.
· Facilitate local businesses and residents' ability to sell excess energy to the grid.
· Ensure that the benefits of local clean energy accrue to all communities.